Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lady in Waiting: Becoming God's Best While Waiting for your Future Boaz

For my readers:




"Our God is a God of second chances." - Job 33:29


We all know Ruth's Story in the Bible. I was moved by the purity of her hope, but then the unexpected happened–I began to weep.Every tear unearthed memories of my own age of innocence, when I too believed that my life would unfold with such accuracy and simplicity.Somewhere along the road I had left behind the little girl I once was. I scoffed at the dreamy teenager who yearned for happy endings,and even convinced that a series of wrong turns had disqualified me from receiving God’s best. Even though I had repented and rededicated my life to Christ; I still feared that I forfeited my right to God’s promises.  But it reminded me of Ruth’s story.

One evening after dinner, with tear-stained hands I leafed through the book of Ruth. The Lord started teaching me about Ruth.  He reminded me that their story is proof that God is a God of second chances.

The most admirable thing about the character of Ruth was her faithfulness, loyalty and devotion that she had displayed to Naomi. Even in her grief she still cared and helped others. She invested herself into her mother in-law and the God that she loved and served. She inspired the community around her. Her reputation was well known about her. She shined when she didn't even try. Boaz noticed her from across the field and he heard of her faithfulness and loyalty by word of mouth. You don't have to make your presence known when you are exuding excellence in all that you do.

The question is "Are you a Ruth"?

God desires for us to see Ruth and Boaz’s union as an example of how He “notices”, loves, and redeems each of us, especially those who feel as though life has ravaged all promise and purpose.

So now when I optimistically dreams of my future, instead of weeping, I employ my tongue as the “pen of a ready writer” calling those things which be not as though they were (Rom 4:17), believing that I can be blessed with a second chance Boaz, God’s very best.

We are expected to learn from her story and to follow her example by genuinely submitting to  God whom she trusted her present and her future with.  And to the woman who feels that your situation is so dire and your past so shameful, that no one is equipped to love someone like you–be encouraged!



No comments:

Post a Comment